No Austerity http://www.frontedilottanoausterity.org/index.php
The main demands on which the fight of Iranian truck drivers is based are:
- Right of trade union representation;
- Better transport and fuel tariffs;
- Modernization of the national fleet with reduction in the cost of trucks;
- Tax and duty reduction;
- Increase in salaries and pensions;
- Respect and increase of safety and health standards;
- Fight against corruption especially among police officers.
It is clear that the fight of Iranian truck drivers, as in other countries (such as the recent great struggle of Brazilian truck drivers) is intertwined with the needs of the population, especially in countries where the transport of basic necessities takes place. The cost of tyres and any extra costs (fuel, duties, corruption, etc …) is reflected in the price of retail sales.
The No Austerity Fighting Front Italy, which has always been committed in the construction of united struggles not only in Italy but also internationally (No Austerity adheres to the International Trade Union of Solidarity and Struggle) cannot but support the call of #IranProtestsItalia. We make ourselves immediately available to collaborate on other issues not only work but also social on the basis the decisions and initiatives of the strugglers.